Caring for your candles and diffusers will maximise your enjoyment: Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Melt the candle until the melt pool (liquid) is close the glass. May be 4 – 5 hours.
- Melt candle 4 – 5 hours at a time for optimum results.
- Trim wick after each burn to stop it from smoking.
- Never leave candle unattended.
- Keep lit candle away from children, curtains, draft and pets.
- Extinguish candle when there is 1cm of wax left, glass may crack.
- Use candle lid or glass/metal coaster under candle to protect the surface.
- Keep candle out of sunlight and lid on the candle between uses.
- If a candle is flickering fast, smoking or flame is too high, extinguish it, let it cool, trim the wick and light again.
- Flip reeds at least once a week. (Flip reeds over the sink), wipe the bottle before replacing on flat surface, as oil may have dripped on the glass.
- If close to fan, air-conditioning, open window or flipping reeds too often will soak up oil faster
- Keep away from children, pets and sun.
- Place in a safe area where it will not spill as it may stain the surface. If spillage occurs wipe away immediately using paper towel then warm wet cloth and then wipe dry.
- Use 10 reeds for best scent throw.
- More reeds used the stronger the scent and faster absorption of the solution.
- If no scent coming through reeds may be clogged and may need replacing.
- Gently shaking the bottle without spilling can also improve the scent throw.