Caring for your candles and diffusers will maximise your enjoyment: Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Melt the candle until the melt pool (liquid) is close the glass. May be 3 – 5 hours. Depending on the oils as some burn quicker than others
- Trim wick after each burn to stop it from smoking. and sooting.
- Never leave candle unattended.
- Keep lit candle away from children, curtains, draft and pets.
- Extinguish candle when there is 1cm of wax left, glass may crack.
- Use candle lid or glass/metal coaster under candle to protect the surface.
- Keep candle out of sunlight as it may discolour.
- If a candle is flickering fast, smoking or flame is too high, extinguish it, let it cool, trim the wick and light again.
WARNING: Reed diffusers are flammable. Please do not light the sticks.
- Place Reeds (sticks) in the diffuser bottle. Leave for 2 - 3 hours then turn (flip) the dry ends in the oil bottle so that the wet ends of reeds are exposed in the air.
- Flip reeds 1 - 2 times a week. For stronger scent every 2 days. (Flip reeds over a sink), wipe the bottle before replacing on the surface as oil may have dripped on the glass and potentially affect the surface.
- If close to fan, air-conditioning, open window or flipping reeds too often it will soak up oil faster.
- Keep away from children, pets and sun.
- Place in a safe area where it will not spill as it may stain the surface. If spillage occurs wipe away immediately using paper towel then warm wet cloth and wipe dry.
- Use 8 - 10 reeds for best scent throw.
- More reeds used the stronger the scent and the faster absorption of the oils.
- If low scent is coming through, reeds may be clogged and may need replacing.
- By gently shaking the bottle without spilling can also improve the scent throw.
- We provide Natural and Black painted reeds with every diffuser. Some oils absorb Natural reeds better and some absorb Black reeds better. If scent throw is mild after 2 - 3 weeks assuming reeds have been flipped then swap to the other reeds.